Saturday 20 November 2010

Development - Trees

I was thinking to myself that im not really showing my development, im doing quite a bit of development but not showing it so before i get any further im going to start doing it, starting with the trees.

The trees are normally simple to do but i wanted the leaves to have a full texture throughout so rather than just having a green blog type shape with highlights of darker green i decided to go another route.
This is what i didnt want.

I look around on google images (reliable source) for "vector trees" but they werent what i wanted and so i looked at "vector leaves" instead and focused more on the shape of the leaves.
The shapes of these leaves were too complex for the style of the mural and so i created my own...

I started off by looking at the picture i was basing the design of and noticed they were a tear drop shape and so i went with that.
First stage i just created one leaf.
Second stage i duplicated the first leaf and made a pack of leaves and having 4 tones of green within that pack.
I then duplicated the pack of leaves multiple times and rotated them to fit the tree. My first attempt didnt goto plan as you can see above, the shape didnt look right and the colours werent right so i went back to stage one and did it again.
This time i looked at the tree more and concentrated on how the leaves flow and this attempt was a big improvement, i also left gaps and filled them in with black to get a more tree like feel to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment